Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
We’re looking for Content/SEO Editor, someone who’s brilliant with both words and numbers to manage the production and optimisation of Mumsnet’s editorial content.
The ideal candidate will live and breathe digital content and have a deep grasp of SEO. You’ll be completely at ease generating data reports and extracting actionable insights. You’ll know how to discover which kind of content our audience wants and needs, and how to prioritise resources. You’ll have success stories that you can demonstrate are the result of your strategies.
You’ll be able to write about the broad range of topics that interests our audience with authority, clarity and (often) humour. You’ll ‘get’ the Mumsnet voice and be able to apply it to everything from advertorials and snappy social posts to long-form information articles.
You'll be a super-organised self-starter who relishes the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities; you’ll be directing the efforts of a small but growing team, so you’ll need great people skills and the ability to pass on your own knowledge clearly and effectively, and inspire them to obsess over rankings and traffic just as you do.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Create informative and engaging content for our target audience
- Lead and deliver an SEO strategy and cross-channel content promotion schedule
- Use analytics tools to test, learn, optimise and guide future strategy
- Collaborate with other teams across the business to develop and promote new content
- Commission content from external partners and feed into commercial briefs with new ideas
- Communicate editorial requirements including briefing developers and designers
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reports and make projections
For this you’ll need:
- Proven experience of devising and leading successful online strategies
- An innate sense of written style, impeccable grammar and an eye for detail
- A very solid grasp of analytics tools and the ability to interpret data to inform and improve content
- Exceptional organisational skills, being able to multitask and prioritise to meet long- and short-term deadlines, while remaining calm and positive
- The ability to engage and influence stakeholders and motivate a team
- To understand our audience and the way they consume digital media
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with email newsletters and/or data acquisition
- Photoshop/other image editing skills
- Experience producing content for our target audience
We’re looking for someone to work five days a week in our offices in Kentish Town. If you think this sounds like you, please include with your application:
- Your CV and a brief covering letter, including your salary expectations.
- An example of when you’ve successfully implemented a content strategy.
- A suggestion of how you would develop Mumsnet’s content aimed at new/expectant parents.
Your application must include all of these elements - if not, it will be rejected.
Deadline for applications is: 3rd November 2017
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!
Apply for Content/SEO Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly