Fidelity International, a leading investment solutions and retirement company, is launching their first Client Services Returner Programme for experienced professionals looking to return to work after an extended career break who have a background, or interest in first line customer care.
What you can expect
- The programme offers a paid placement of 26 weeks, starting in January 2018, and the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the assignment
- Positions are for Associate level roles in the UK Client Services team and will be located in Surrey or Kent
- You will receive dedicated coaching support from our partner company, Women Returners, to help you to transition successfully back into the workplace
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Flexible working options are available
What we are looking for
- Highly collaborative people who are passionate about providing an excellent customer experience.
- Experience within corporate customer services or general face to face customer services
- Quick learners who are comfortable working in a systems driven environment
- Excellent communication skills especially over the phone
- Roles are available within all areas of client services
- Candidates with qualifications including the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) or Investment Management Certificate (IMC) would be highly advantageous. We will fund your study if you don’t already have this
- You must have been on a career break for a minimum of 2 years to be eligible
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers world-class investment solutions and retirement expertise. They are a privately owned, independent company, who provide investment expertise, technology and service innovation to help their clients to achieve their financial goals.
They give their employees the freedom and responsibility to take control of their careers and hone their skills as they grow within their current role and beyond. Their pioneering investment philosophy looks to the long-term and recognises individuality, and they adopt the same approach to developing and rewarding their people.
The closing date for applications is 3rd November with Assessment days taking place mid-late November