AML Monitoring Analyst - Private Banking - cGBP35k 12month FTC
My client, has an opening in their Financial Crime team for an AML Monitoring Analyst. This is an exciting role with the opportunity to broaden your skill set and experience. Ideally applicants will currently be working within Private Banking AML Monitoring.
Key Focus of the Role
- As an AML Monitoring Analyst in a Private Bank you'll be using your analytical and decision-making skills to aid in the fight against Financial Crime.
- You will work closely with the business to provide expert guidance on the day-to-day management of issues, and actively monitor the business's risk positions.
- You will be reviewing controls to make sure they are effective, and carry out reviews to make sure that we protect both our customers and ourselves.
* Utilising your Transaction Monitoring experience to identify potential criminal account activity on complex customer relationships.
* Communicating with Front Office in a professional and efficient manner to resolve issues.
* Recording and monitoring system productivity and accuracy, keeping accurate and complete audit trails of decisions being taken and advice provided, and the rationale behind them.
* Using technical data analysis and statistical interpretation to identify risk factors and potential money laundering trends.
* Analysing our AML systems to make sure the rule sets are the most appropriate to our customers.
* To adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the money laundering environment.
* To identify and monitor client account activity.
* To ensure that Management information (MI) is kept up to date and complied for regular KYC AML reports such as board papers, the annual AML Report, group reporting and ad hoc management requests.
* To identify any potential KYC AML risks in the Bank and report the findings to the onboarding team leader or higher level of management where necessary.
* To maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and best industry practice, including relevant parts of the FCA Handbook and the JMLSG.
* To assist with any other regulatory tasks including client on boarding and or periodic reviews as might reasonably be requested by the Financial Crime Compliance Manager.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
* Some experience in a Transaction Monitoring role within a successful and respected financial institution.
* Good knowledge and understanding of the legal and regulatory framework, particularly relating to KYC AML, Financial Crime, Tax Evasion/Avoidance and Terrorist Financing.
* Industry and market awareness of developments and initiatives that may impact the bank and/or its clients in the KYC/AML regulatory environment.
* The ability to effectively interrogate Internet sources.
* The ability to identify, record and escalate real financial crime events whilst dismissing False Match events with appropriate rationales that the 3rd Line of Defence or a Regulator could review and verify.
The Compliance Practice at Charles Levick support Permanent, Contract and Interim recruitment specialising in requisitions ranging from entry level Compliance Assistants through to Senior Level Appointments. Our focus spans Financial Services to include both Buy and Sell side Capital Market organisations, Private and Wealth Management, Insurance, Life and Pensions, Consultancy and Third Party Market providers.