Financial Professional Business Services (FPBS) Strategy Director
This is an exciting opportunity to join Department for International Trade (DIT) Overseas team as Financial Professional Business Services (FPBS) Strategy Director.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is one of Whitehall’s newest departments. We have overall responsibility for developing, co-ordinating and delivering a new trade and investment policy for the UK, including preparing for and then negotiating Free Trade Agreements and market access deals with non-EU countries, and promoting UK trade and investment across the world.
As Financial Professional Business Services (FPBS) Strategy Director and Minister Counsellor, you will lead the implementation and further development of a country wide strategy that focuses on matching China’s needs with UK strengths. This is crucial to achieving the change in approach that Ministers are driving for.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate evidence of:
- A detailed understanding and experience of working at a strategic level, with or in, the Financial Professional Business Services sector;
- An excellent track record of strategic thinking and analytical ability;
- Personal gravitas with a proven ability to be a trusted advisor to seniors up to Ministerial or Board level;
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to connect to people at all levels, able to motivate, inspire and empower a diverse team in a complex changing, and dynamic environment;
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills with experience developing and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, up to the Board / Ministerial level across organisational boundaries;
- Outstanding communication and engagement capability with authenticity to deliver effective communications;
In return, you will enjoy an excellent rewards package which includes Diplomatic Service allowances, overseas transfer grant and Civil Service Pension.
If you think you have the skills, experience and ambition that we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you.
Please see link for further details about the role, benefits and the application and selection process.
Closing date: 10am on Monday 06th November 2017