Visitor Assistant (Part-time)
Job Title: Visitor Assistant
Salary: GBP20,500 per annum, pro rata
Salary Band: D2
Contract Type: Fixed term
Number of Posts: Numerous
Type of Post: Concurrent
Hours: 7 hours per week (Saturdays) rising to 21 hours during recess
Closing date: 29/10/17 at 23:59
Our team of Visitor Assistants welcome visitors into and around the Palace of Westminster. We are proactive, creative and customer focussed, providing information and supporting Managers in the day to day delivery of Visitor Services during Commercial Opening Days. This will take place within a shift structure that includes weekend work. Please note that a percentage of each shift will involve outdoor work in all weather conditions with prolonged periods standing on your feet.
On any given day the post holder could be based in one of three areas:
- In and around the Palace of Westminster ensuring visitors are entering the building efficiently, are in the correct place to start their tour and making sure tours are departing on time.
- Based along the visitor route providing information and managing the flow of visitors.
- In the Ticket Office proactively selling tickets and guidebooks to visitors via a computerised booking system or managing the queue for tickets.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of providing excellent customer service in a pressurised visitor/customer service environment.
- Experience of dealing with the public, and upholding the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Experience of exercising sound judgement in dealing with a difficult situation.
Annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
Interest-free season ticket loan
Child care voucher scheme
Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description which can be found on the House of Commons careers website