Graduate Recruitment - Sports Recruitment
Naturally, as a sportsperson, you are ambitious, competitive and you never like losing; those traits run parallel with what it takes to be a good recruiter. In order to be the best in a recruitment environment you have to work hard, much like training for an important match or event; you can never give up, which naturally complements the attitude to being successful in sport; and always strive for more, the very best sportspeople never settle for their last achievement - and that is reflected in the environment in recruitment, you always want to do better!
As one of the leading recruitment consultancies in sports, my client works with all different types of companies and candidates within the sports industry; from Chief Executives of Premier League football teams to Sales Directors for F1 franchises. As a Sports Recruitment Consultant, there are two parts to the role; Business Development and Resourcing. Business Development involves identifying potential new clients in the sports industry through market research and analysis, then it is your responsibility to bring them on as a client and thus, deliver recruitment projects for. Resourcing is essentially just finding suitable candidates for your clients; this can be done in a variety of ways from head-hunting to attending international networking events. Candidates in the sports industry are in high-demand so being able to build rapport quickly and develop strong relationships is essential.
- Developing a deep understanding of the sports business sector and the way sports organisations are organised
- Telephoning/meeting businesses, looking to develop professional relationships
- Autonomy over your own projects, with the mentorship from Managers
- Placing top calibre Candidates in high-paying roles across the globe
- Negotiating new business contracts
- Managing the whole recruitment process
- Closing business deals
- GBP23,000 basic salary, with average first-year earnings between GBP35,000 - GBP45,000.
- Market-leading commission structure - up to 40%
- Full gym membership and you're encouraged to go during the day!
- Two company-wide holidays a year - last year they went skiing in France and to Dubai - as well as regular all-expenses-paid socials.
- 28 days holiday per year, plus a 2pm finish on your birthday and a noon start the day after - no points for guessing why???!
- Fast-track to management
- Comprehensive training scheme
- A passion for everything sport!
- Min 2:2 Undergraduate degree class or sales experience
- Ambition, initiative, and tenacity
- Extra-curricular achievements (Sports, Arts, etc)
- Great communication skills
- Inherent competitive nature
- Resilience, Self-starter, hard-working
If this sounds like it could be the opportunity for you then apply and one of the Wiser Graduates team will contact you with information on next steps.