Business Support Assistant (34383)
Business Support Assistant
Business Support Team Leader
Connections, Competition in Connections
Job Family Level/Grade
SJNC - BD
GBP22,178 to GBP27,054 (Depending on Experience)
Closing Date 27th October 2017 We also offer :
Annual leave 25 days rising with service
Personal Pension Plan - Personal contribution rates of 3%, 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 6%, 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On - scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
Applications are invited for the above vacancy.
Reporting to the Business Support Team Leader the role of Business Support Assistant in Major Connections CiC Team exists to monitor, update and maintain project data interfacing with other UK Power Networks staff as required, and to provide business support to CiC Managers and Designers, assisting them in the effective management and delivery of their customers' projects.
- Producing customer invoices and refunds and recording in SAP
- Updating project records when customer payments are received
- Interrogating project costs in SAP and investigating and taking appropriate action in respect of misallocated costs
- Pursue, or assist other staff in pursuing outstanding payments
- Raising of purchase orders and purchase requisitions in SAP
- Receipting of materials and services and arranging payment of supplier invoices
- Maintaining register of customer enquiries
- Liaising with colleagues to obtain information for the updating of project records
- Receiving and recording external customer queries
- Assisting in resolving and responding to customer queries liaising with other UK Power Networks staff as required
- Monitoring and following up quotations
- Maintaining and updating project data liaising with other UK Power Networks staff when required
- Preparing project files as required
- Printing plans and requesting other Utility plans as required
- Monitoring the progress of projects including in respect of Regulatory requirements.
- Reporting on the progress of projects
- Producing reports from SAP and comparing with project data to ensure parity or investigate and rectify anomalies
- Assisting in preparation of contract documentation
- Prompt telephone handling in a courteous manner
- Assisting in the resolution of customer enquiries within defined timescales
- General business support tasks as required
- Actively promote and pursue our objective of 'Zero Harm'
- Actively participate in Coaching for Performance sessions with your Line Manager
- Arrange and attend team days and monthly Team Briefings
- Actively participate in the team SHE Action Plan
- Arranging training courses or attendance at training courses as required
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A confident and effective communicator with excellent customer orientation
- Providing excellent customer service in dealing with both internal and external customers through the updating of project data and resolution of customers' queries and complaints
- Good level PC literacy with the ability to learn and use a variety of IT systems
- An awareness of the section's business, environmental, safety, financial, and regulatory obligations
- Awareness of ISO 9001 principles and requirements in respect of quality processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team
- Good team worker with the drive and ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve shared goals and optimise the contribution of all members of the team
- Initiative with a bias for action and problem resolution
- Flexible attitude to work
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and other teams within UK Power Networks and also with external partners
- Good working knowledge of SAP preferred although training will be provided
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!