Senior Actuarial Analyst
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the WP Stochastic Team in Actuarial Operations in Hove. You will be an integral part of the team, working with a team of analysts responsible for reviewing and validating financial results. As well as the production of results for a wide range of products and metrics, you will build and maintain close relationships with financial reporting teams, provide actuarial and technical support to Actuarial Operations and look at ways to improve the quality and efficiency of the jobs performed within the team.
This is an exciting period of change for Actuarial Operations, as we deliver the FRC reporting strategy, introducing new systems and ways of working and making Actuarial Operations the heart of an efficient and effective Reporting Centre.
Use judgement to ensure all results, investigations, reconciliations and other information is accurate and meets customer requirements
Provide actuarial support to the Head of Actuarial Operations and the wider team
Help to develop and maintain professional working relationships with all customers to ensure new processes, new products and projects are incorporated within Actuarial Operations
Contribute to the continuous improvement of relevant processes
Help to deliver the reporting strategy through the introduction of new processes and systems
Maintain and improve process documentation
Support and mentor actuarial analysts within the team
Support the preparation and development of key MI to provide insight and help drive decision-making
Continually improve the technical awareness within the team by maintaining a strong knowledge base in respect to products, systems, customer needs and actuarial processes.
- Skills Required
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience required
- The jobholder will be qualified Actuary.
- Proven actuarial experience and understanding of financial reporting processes within a life company, covering IFRS, Solvency II and Economic Capital
- Good knowledge of With-Profit products and their financial reporting.
Experience and knowledge of the full range of products, particulalry With-Profits, essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders essential
- Good knowledge of Prophet desirable. Similar product also of use.
- Knowledge of VBA, SAS or DCS an advantage
- Experience of planning and resource management to ensure resources are deployed efficiently and customer needs continue to be met an advantage
- Experience of identifying and implementing process improvements an advantage
- Experience of delivering change projects would be an advantage
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our Hove Office, but you could work in other Legal and General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
For any queries please contact . Please note applications can only be made online via the portal.