Business Support Officer (Complaints)
Job Title: Business Support Office - Complaints
Location: East and North Herts Older People Service, Farnham House, Stevenage
Salary Range: GBP25,951 - GBP28,485 per annum
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity cover until January 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Officer to manage complaints received in the team. This is an exciting position for someone that has a background working with complaints and has an understanding of the process. Specific duties include:
- Monitor incoming complaints through various sources
- Triage and direct complaints
- Maintain official complaints register and local reporting systems
- In collaboration with management, make contact with complainants to complete complaints plans
- Set up template letters and draft responses
- Investigate, manipulate and co-ordinate complex data
- Collate detailed information and records and present information for Local Government Ombudsman cases
- Co-ordinate and arrange meetings
- Work closely with, and follow up, managers to ensure timescales are met
- Create action plans to improve performance
- Identify learning points and training needs for staff
- Set up local monitoring systems to improve complaints management
- Research, monitor and collate statistical information on complaints activity
- Develop complex relationships with other teams and partner agencies
Please detail in your supporting statement how your experience meets the above criteria.
For an informal discussion please contact Amita Randhawa on .
Closing date: 23 rd October 2017
Interview date: 3 rd November 2017
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information click here
To apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen.
As part of the application you will be prompted to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the PERSON SPECIFICATION area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application may be rejected.
For Candidate Guidance on How to Apply: Click Here
PLEASE NOTE: All questions marked with a * are mandatory question and must be answered - you will not be able to submit your application until all mandatory questions have been answered .
Please Note: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.