Data Governance Analyst - Credit Risk Data
We need: • Data Governance Analyst - Credit Risk Data • Based in either our HO in Swindon or Admin Centre Northampton. • Salary starting from GBP27,212, Target salary GBP30,236. Our Credit Risk Data team work with colleagues within Credit Risk and Information Management to ensure we measure and manage the quality of the critical data used for making accurate Risk based assessments. We need to deliver an ambitious data governance strategy across all aspects of Data Governance including Regulatory requirements.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Governance Analyst within our Credit Risk Data team. This role will appeal to those with an interest in Data Analysis / MI, Data tools, Reporting and Risk, and someone who wants to develop Data Governance skills.
Who we're looking for
Enthusiastic and keen to develop, you will quickly become a highly knowledgeable and valued team player, providing insight into data quality issues through in-depth cause and effect analysis across all portfolios. As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have a can-do attitude and be willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities to support the team
- Have a technical and questioning mind-set and be comfortable using tools like Excel and willing to learn data analysis skills using tools such as SAS.
- Be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, staying calm and demonstrating experience of effective planning and organisation skills.
- Have an eye for detail and take pride in preparing high quality reports.
- A strong team player with the ability to build and develop relationships across the business at all levels The role will suit someone who has an analytical mind set, together with the confidence to ask 'What, Why and How' in order to ensure the right conclusions are reached.
What you'll be doing
- You'll work both independently and as part of a team who work together to deliver critical data quality reporting and insight.
- Use your SAS and Excel skills to profile data, to understand where data comes from as well as fully understand definitions.
- Using your judgement and analytical skills, you'll probe data quality issues highlighting anomalies and understanding discrepancies.
- Build strong and productive relationships within the team and around the business to further the data governance capability.
- Create and enhance Business Validation Rules (BVRs) which are used to measure the quality of data escalate where necessary.