Facilities & Support Services Manager
At the National Trust, we love places. We take care of some of the nation's most treasured heritage sites, properties and landscapes and protecting their beauty and value is at the core of our strategy.
We have an opportunity for some with a good understanding of Facilities Management to join our team based at Cliveden. In this role you'll lead in delivering efficient and compliant management of our various facilities and operational risk work.
What it's like to work here
Cliveden's Italianate mansion, riverside setting and family-friendly events draw visitors all year round, making this property a busy location with a wide range of opportunities. There is always plenty to do at the 375-acre estate, with conservation of the South Terrace among recent projects. Cliveden team are close-knit with a wonderful sense of community. The location is quiet, so you will need your own transport to get here.
What you'll be doing
As the Facilities & Support Services Manager at Cliveden you'll be responsible for the day to day maintenance and upkeep of our visitor facilities and buildings. You'll lead on health and safety, contractor relationships and control operating budgets and run small projects to improve our facilities.
You'll be working on a strategic level to support our plans for significant investment into our visitor infrastructure, to protect and conserve the built environment and the outdoors, whilst balancing this with the high demand of our visitors to access and enjoy all areas of the estate. As well as this strategic approach you'll work with and lead a small team of staff and volunteers. Whether this be managing projects, dealing with daily reactive works, planning cyclical maintenance or auditing records to ensure we remain legally compliant; you will be accessible and "in amongst it!"
You'll be working closely with our Buildings Surveyor to ensure compliance on a range of building matters and provide day to day direction for our maintenance team. You'll have oversight of our Business Support team responsible for the smooth running of the estate and providing excellent customer service both internally and externally. You'll work collaboratively with other department leads to ensure that the standards you uphold are enhancing the visitors' experience on a daily basis. As a member of the senior leadership team you'll be involved in delivering the property business plan and regional priorities.
Who we're looking for
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into an estate management position. In order to be successful in this varied and interesting role you'll need to;
- Be an experienced leader, bringing together the facilities and business support teams to support the portfolio
- Be able to demonstrate a can-do attitude and always be up for a challenge
- Have a good understanding of Facilities Management, including maintenance and outbuilding management, preferably with historic buildings
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of relevant policies and procedures relating to facilities management
- Be adept at writing project documents and have a keen eye for detail
- Be confident and capable of managing process and procedure, you'll love working with data
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships with colleagues, visitors and volunteers, with a good understanding of building surveyors and estate managers
- Have experience of managing budgets
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking