Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- To support the delivery of projects from the FRO business unit portfolio including internally or externally generated change, plus any projects from Group, LGIM, LGR, any other Business Units impacting the FRO finance function. Taking a significant role in the management, design, delivery and implementation of change that affects the FRO accounting systems and processes. Working effectively with the appropriate business divisions and internal customers to ensure that all systems and process changes are effectively designed and delivered through to production in an efficient, cost-effective and timely manner, whilst maintaining technical accounting integrity and alignment with commercial objectives. Through effective networks, communication management and technical ability and experience, ensure any requirements impacting accounting systems are captured and delivered. This includes a detailed review of the accounting systems and processes impacted by the change, identifying the impacts, proposing solutions through innovative and creative methods and delivering the end to end change methodology as required to enable the business to succeed.
Finance Architecture and Analysis: Develop and model FRO business accounting finance functions, processes, information flows and data structures, linking to business systems and data. Use best practice research and analysis techniques to exploit financial management efficiencies, business opportunities and achieve strategic goals.
Technical Delivery: Define requirements, specifications, conduct feasibility studies, produce high level and detailed accounting models, support testing and implementation of solutions, on behalf of senior FRO Business management to deliver a measurable impact on financial accounting efficiency and controls for the profitability of FRO.
Impact Assessment: Assess projects across the L&G Group to identify impacts on FRO financial accounting, and aligned processes. Ensure that change activity is identified and delivered to ensure that those processes remain fully aligned and understood within the business and that performance can be monitored against targets and delivery against on-going performance measures.
Change Delivery: Proactively support the FRO Head of Change and Director of FRO, in identifying, prioritising and delivering key initiatives and projects which address financial issues, and use knowledge and experience to recommend solutions.
Internal Relationship Management: Manage the relationship with Financial Reporting & Operations and the other areas outside of FRO where necessary to ensure the requirements of FRO are fully delivered within time, budget and to an appropriate high quality, ensuring the deployment of necessary business and technical knowledge to support the delivery..
Provide Finance SME advice to enable FR&O teams to operate BAU effectively.
- Skills Required
- Qualification: The jobholder will be a nearly or newly qualified Accountant or equivalent, by having relevant financial experience, with good experience within a Life Company or Consultancy.Is proficient in generic accounting techniques such as double entry. Has an appreciation of Actuarial and tax requirements.
Is proficient in relevant business standards and Change processes. Examples: Project Lifecycle, Risk framework.
Is proficient in the range and type of products sold by L&G and has an understanding of the market that L&G are in.
Understanding of processes and systems architecture used by Finance teams and how this fits with business processes and systems architecture.
Strong capabilites in Process Management, Communication & Influencing, Working Together, Flexibility and Change Orientation, Creativity
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.