Shared Services Programme Lead
1 day left
- Full Time
This is a critical role, supporting the Department to realise its objective of creating support services that enable staff to get on with their jobs. The post holder will have a proven record in delivering shared services transition and will require strong stakeholder and project management skills.
With the Machinery of Government changes in 2016 that created the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, BEIS inherited two shared service providers for Finance, Procurement and HR transactional services: UK Shared Business Services Limited (servicing two-thirds of staff) and Shared Services Connected Limited (one third).
The Department now seeks to migrate its shared services to a single common platform. This challenging task is further complicated by a requirement to create:
• A discrete service within UK Shared Business Services for the Department for International Trade (currently embedded into the BEIS service);
• A future vision for shared services post 2020/21, when we anticipate adopting a Software as a Service platform in collaboration with UK Research and Innovation. Achieving this requires a review of our requirements, processes and guidance. Key responsibilities will include:
• Commissioning a review, by external experts, of the requirements, timings and resources to transition all BEIS staff onto the UK Shared Business Services platform;
• Leading a multi-discipline team (comprising HR, Finance, Procurement and Shared Service professionals) in the delivery of the transition;
• Delivering a customer insight function for business as usual services from both providers;
• Building the business case for next generation Software as a Service provision (or similar); • Working jointly with UK Research and Innovation to prepare the business for the next generation of shared services platforms (including reviewing our requirements, processes, guidance and training).
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate through the selection process, the following skills and experience:
• Strong project management skills with experience of leading change programmes in a complex environment
• A proven track record of shared services system implementation
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, with an ability to influence at a senior level
• Strong leadership skills, with experience of managing teams through a changing environment
• An ability to motivate and inspire, creating an inclusive environment to deliver successfully through others It would be desirable, but not essential, to have an understanding of how Government works