Director, Knowledge, Analysis and Intelligence (KAI)
Knowledge, Analysis and Intelligence works on a large number of issues and brings together different skills and professions. As the Director of KAI you will be responsible for leading and managing around 200 people, drawn primarily from the analytical professions: economics, operational research, social research and statistics.
KAI is both a centre of professional expertise and an integral part of HMRC’s future. You will be responsible for both leading and adapting the skills of KAI’s professionals and developing new ways of integrating their work with the policy partnership priorities.
The next few years will see significant change in the way HMRC uses data and analysis as we continue to transform. At the same time, public scrutiny of our work and demand for data will continue to grow.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Working collaboratively with key analytical Directorates, especially the HMRC Centre for Data Excellence, to provide strong strategic leadership of the provision of analysis across the HM Treasury-HMRC Policy Partnership
• Managing and maintaining strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders such as HM Treasury (especially those playing key roles in the delivery of fiscal events), HMRC policy teams, the Office for Budget Responsibility and the Office for National Statistics
• Championing the use of analysis and maintaining a highly-skilled, motivated and engaged workforce, with a strong focus on quality assurance.
You will have 4 direct reports and responsibility for a wider team of around 200.
You will also be an active member of HMRC’s senior leadership team and be expected to take on wider corporate roles in the department and within your profession across the Civil Service.
All of our Directors are members of the Department’s Senior Management Team (SMT) and are expected to play an active role in the ongoing corporate management and development of the organisation. We expect all our senior leaders to be:
- Inspiring – about our work and its future
- Confident – in our engagement with others
- Empowering – to allow our teams to deliver
Civil Service Leadership Statement - Gov.UK