Legal Cashier (part-time)
7 days left
- Part Time
Kennedys are seeking an experienced Legal Cashier to join the Finance team in our Chelmsford office on a job share - 3 days per week (Monday, Thursday and Friday).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To work as part of the Cashiering team, to help provide a highly effective and efficient Financial Operations service.
To work competently within the Financial Operations department as a Legal Cashier, contributing to the effectiveness of the Finance department by providing a comprehensive and efficient service to internal and external clients in order that the business objectives of the firm and the department are achieved.
Some general cashiering responsibilities include:
- Supporting UK (including Scotland and Northern Ireland) and Irish offices, ensuring compliance with firm’s policy and SRA or jurisdictional Law Society accounts rules and regulations at all times
- Accurate and timely processing of day to day transactions through firm's office and client accounts, including entering/authorising payments on the banking system, posting payments/receipts and registering disbursement vouchers
- Daily review/allocation of bank statement entries and outstanding unidentified receipts
- Dealing with all internal and external clients in a timely professional, polite and proactive manner
- Managing high volume workflow, maintaining a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Assisting with and resolving day-to-day queries received in to the team
- Informing and updating management on complex and time-consuming queries/requests day-to-day workflow is maintained
- Completing daily and periodical exception reporting to ensure all required tasks are completed to prevent breaches of jurisdictional Law Society accounts rules and regulations
Some requirements include:
- Commitment to delivering a professional service to the highest standards with a strong focus on client service
- Full knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules
- Experience of working with online banking systems
- Knowledge of the VAT regulations
- Working knowledge of cashiering processes
*Where a level of post qualification experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a solicitor to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less post qualification experience. Kennedys welcomes applications from candidates at all levels who can demonstrate they have gained the required experience in an appropriate legal context.