Campaign Management Executive
Client Delivery Executive
Mumsnet is on the look-out for an aspiring digital marketer to join its Engagement and Optimisation team. This is a client facing account management role working within a cross channel marketing team. You will work alongside the Mumsnet Clients, Sales team and the Campaign Management team to understand client goals, develop a cross channel campaign strategy and report on progress. You will manage a number of high profile integrated marketing campaigns for your clients - who are a range of well-loved brands and disruptive tech start-ups. You need to be diplomatic and a great communicator as you’ll be managing important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
As well as being a great communicator, you’ll be incredibly organised – you’re probably the sort of person who loves a spreadsheet and is interested in learning tools like Trello and Slack. You need be creative, analytical and proactive.
What you will do
- Understanding client objectives and metrics
- Advising on and shaping marketing proposals across channels including Mumsnet and social media
- Communicating with clients and agencies – you’ll be the main point of contact
- Pre campaign and post campaign reporting - and maintaining live progress dashboards
- Creating reach documents using Google Sheets
- Making recommendations both internally and externally based on previous campaigns
- For some clients, you will also optimise channel choices and work directly with Mumsnet channel specialists (native content, SEO, email social, paid media etc) to maximise performance for clients
What you must have
- A strong interest in digital marketing and pursuing a career in it
- A degree from a UK university, or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets and slides
- Strong analytical skills
- Great initiative and problem solving skills
- An ability to think creatively
- A confident and friendly manner - particularly dealing with colleagues and clients
- Keen attention to detail
- An ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload and deadlines
- Social media savvy
It’d be nice if you
- An understanding of online content management systems e.g. Drupal or Wordpress
- An understanding of biddable media – programmatic, PPC, adsense, Facebook boosting, etc
- Familiar with web analytics (such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics)
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 17 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club a football and netball team, plus there’s babyfoot; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.