Team Leader - Test Services
7 days left
- Full Time
BP is almost three years into its stated diversity goals of 25% women group leaders and 30% women senior level leaders by 2020
We continue to make steady progress on across all levels of the organisation and in engagement levels. To support this, we have implemented:
- Minimum standards for recruitment and selection, called ‘Rules of the Road’ (RotR) across BP. These diversity principles support us in selecting high-quality, diverse talent.
- Flexible working options supported by a toolkit on “agile working” to support leaders in implementing agile working across the company.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers.
As the Test Services Team Leader you will be responsible for providing technical services and support to the Product Testing & Engineering Team; including provision of technical IT, Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical services
You will report into the Global Testing Operations and Mechanical Facilities Director and contribute to the delivery of rig, engine and vehicle testing for Global Lubes and Fuels Development and regional customer facing teams.
You'll be accountable for:
- Leading a team of electronic and mechanical technicians to provide first class systems to support engine, rig and vehicle testing in Product Performance.
- Responsible for the team installation and maintenance of permanently installed equipment. This includes the test bed control systems, electrical infrastructure and instrumentation systems.
- Installation of application specific mechanical installations to enable development and testing using bespoke and industry standard test methods.
- Calibration of test beds, rigs and associated instrumentation both in-house and external to the standard required by the department ISO17025 quality accreditation
- Being first point of call to advise on all IT and Electronic strategies within Product Performance.
- Advising on latest technologies and future trends in software and hardware developments in the engine testing arena. Exploiting new innovations where relevant.
- Resolution of technical problems for all technical IT systems including test bed software and requires liaison with key suppliers at a technical level.
- Working closely with FPT Information Manager and the wider BP IT&S staff to ensure compliance to BP IT strategy and security policies.
- Implementation and maintenance of electrical safety systems and policies for all test equipment in PP. Ensure compliance by all staff with established procedures in this area making sure that necessary checks are carried out within specified times and to the designated standard.
- Developing and supporting the required scheduling and reporting databases that are the IT system interface with Product Performance customers
- Playing an integral role in the Testing Operations and Mechanical Facilities leadership team contributing towards department wide decisions and taking responsibility for projects outside of normal remit, as required.
- Specific Product Quality accountabilities as detailed on the GLT role cards.
- Degree in technical discipline
- Demonstrable level of experience of undertaking the above accountabilities from within an operational or technical environment
- Experience in an automotive environment
- Leading a team or department
- Knowledge of Electronic Instrumentation systems and their application
- Managing third party suppliers and contractors
- Strong IT/Systems skills