BP is almost three years into its stated diversity goals of 25% women group leaders and 30% women senior level leaders by 2020
We continue to make steady progress on across all levels of the organisation and in engagement levels. To support this, we have implemented:
- Minimum standards for recruitment and selection, called ‘Rules of the Road’ (RotR) across BP. These diversity principles support us in selecting high-quality, diverse talent.
- Flexible working options supported by a toolkit on “agile working” to support leaders in implementing agile working across the company.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
The Senior Engineer is accountable for leading and conducting projects in support of a main customer area of Formulated Product Technology
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will develop and deliver projects against agreed key customer milestones.
You'll have the scope for extensive interaction with a range of stakeholders, including the product development and technology teams and we expect a high level of technical capability in project related technologies.
You'll have the opportunity to manage, coach and mentor junior members of your team.
Specifically this role is key in the development and operation of unique engine and rig tests to support:-
- Product development and research
- Product performance demonstration and fundamental studies
Providing engineering information that facilitates the differentiation of our products.
You'll be accountable for:
- Working with stakeholders to design engine, rig and vehicle tests that allow their objectives to be delivered as efficiently as possible.
- Project planning to determine facility requirements, hardware requirements, special equipment requirements, project phases and timing.
- Managing test bed installations and ensuring they are carried out to safety and quality standards
- Developing and conducting engine and rig tests for product differentiation and fundamental studies
- Liaison with the Operations Team, and others to ensure the agreed project work is clearly communicated to facilitate milestone delivery
- Acquisition and analysis of data to create reports & presentations
- Coaching, mentoring and verifying of work conducted by engineers and technicians.
- Reviewing technical aspects of work conducted by engineers.
To be successful in this role you'll need good stakeholder management, engagement and influencing skills as well as an ability to mentor and lead others. Good data analysis and presentation skills and the ability to communicate results with internal stakeholders, colleagues and external parties both technical and non-technical.
From a technical perspective you'll have gained experience of working in a gasoline and diesel combustion engine R & D environment, preferably with a working knowledge of the installation and operation of test engines, test control systems and developing tests for differentiation.
You'll also need knowledge of diesel and gasoline fuel delivery systems and operating strategies and a degree in engineering or equivalent in a related discipline.
A keen interest and understanding of current and future technologies for diesel and gasoline engines would be a desirable requirement.