End Point Assessor - Apprenticeship - Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
Overview of the independent End-Point Assessment
All apprentices registered on new apprenticeship standards will undertake an end-point assessment (EPA). Independent end-point assessors (EPAs) are responsible for assessing apprentices against set EPA criteria and evidence requirements.
EPAs must be suitably qualified and competent within the occupation associated with the EPA. We will provide you with relevant training and standardisation to undertake your EPA role and we expect you to maintain your competence, through ongoing continuing professional development (CPD).
- Take part in regular training and standardisation activities, associated with the role of IEA for this EPA
- Maintain and provide evidence of ongoing, relevant Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Assess the performance of candidates in accordance with published assessment and grading criteria and procedures, ensuring overall standards are maintained
- Follow the protocols set out in Pearson’s specifications, assessment materials and quality assurance protocols, relating to the EPAs
- Maintain service-level agreements with regards to responding to EPA planning, operational activities, reports and submissions of assessment outcomes
- Report all risks and issues encountered during the end-point assessment to Pearson, including any suspected malpractice/maladministration
- Ensure all EPA reports and assessment evidence are high quality and recorded accurately
- Support Pearson, if necessary, with any appeals from apprentices, regarding assessment decisions
- Raise any conflicts of interest, including in relation to the independence of assessment
- Ensure that any personal actions are completed, as required by Pearson
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Pearson’s end-point assessment activities
- Contribute to the external quality assurance activities undertaken by Ofqual.
- Be occupationally competent
- Hold, or be working towards, a formal assessor qualification (e.g. A1, TAQA etc)
- Have experience of working in a health or social care setting within the last 2 years
- Experience of leading meetings/structured interviews/discussions
- Experience of complying with quality assurance/regulatory requirements
- Evidence of commitment to maintaining CPD, in line with the EPA specialism
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.