Graduate Insight Executive
We’re on the hunt for an Insight Executive who is bright, enthusiastic, thorough, and communicates well within a team. Previous experience within Market Research is not required, but office experience is desirable. This role would suit a recent graduate with an interest in research and brands.
The Insight team is a thriving and growing part of the business as lots of brands want to hear what our members have to say about their products/services. Our recent clients include Barclays, Aviva, Boots, EE, Tesco and Toyota. The range of projects we work on is vast so no two days are the same and there are always new opportunities for keen and enthusiastic team members to make their mark in the team.
What you will do:
- Assist the other members of the insight team with day-to- day management of market research projects
- Draft quantitative surveys and qualitative discussion guides
- Liaise with members of Mumsnet who participate in Insight projects
- Help to prepare reports and presentations
- Desk Research to understand trends within the talk boards
- Liaise with clients to make sure research projects run smoothly
- Work with the Sales team to co-ordinate insight elements of larger campaigns
What you must have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Keen attention to detail in written and numerical outputs/documents
- Expertise in powerpoint and excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to find appropriate solutions to challenges quickly
- Empathy with parents and parental issues
- Initiative and drive – the ability, once trained, to take a project and run with it
It’d be nice if you had:
- Some experience of data analysis
- Social media experience
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with
1. your CV
2. a covering letter that summarises your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet.
Please note that if your application does not include both items as above, it may not go forward for consideration.
Deadline: 21st January 2018
We'll be calling the best candidates in for interview as soon as we spot them, so don't delay!
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.