Customer Development Manager
Job Title: Customer Development Team Leader
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000
Term: 1 Year fixed term (Maternity Cover)
What it’s about...
Would you like to join a market leading Organisation? Do you have a drive for quality and results?
OCR is transforming its sales and marketing team and is looking for an experienced and target driven Customer Development Team Leader, who has a passion for education, and is able to execute our outbound telesales campaigns to target UK schools and colleges.
Would you like to join us as we embark on our exciting new journey?
What you’ll be doing
• Managing a team of outbound telesales executives in order to secure intentions to teach, as part of outbound calling campaigns with teachers and managers, in schools, 6th form/FE colleges.
• Planning and delivering Annual Customer Development campaigns, aligned to OCR's priority Sales & Marketing Campaigns, which acquire and retain customers to maximise revenue and profitability growth.
• Work collaboratively with teams across Sales and Marketing to ensure strategies are delivered effectively and efficiently.
Day to Day
• Coaching, inspiring and motivating a team of Telesales Executives to meet KPIs and new business targets.
• Managing the day to day activities of the team to ensure activity/productivity targets are met.
• Working amongst the team to offer first hand coaching and guidance on outbound calls.
• Managing the team’s sales pipeline to maximise campaign conversion rates.
• Providing weekly and monthly KPIs for the performance of the Customer Development Executive Team.
• Ensuring inbound leads are allocated and followed up appropriately to meet target.
• Developing competitor and product intelligence feedback and provide to Marketing Insight Manager and Campaign Manager.
Recruitment, Training and Coaching
• Recruitment of team and recommend changes to staff levels, including requirements for temporary staff to deliver campaign objectives.
• Organising and delivering sales and product training for the team to assist key campaign activity.
• Providing objective setting, performance management, regular 1 to 1 meeting, sales coaching and support.
What we’re looking for
• Demonstrable experience of managing an outbound calling Team.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to build rapport.
• Ability to motivate and coach others by driving good performance.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels.
• Experience of managing others to achieve Sales KPIs and targets.
• Can-do attitude and ability to self-motivate.
• Good understanding of educational qualifications, institutions and buying behaviours
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 January 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 22 January 2018.
When applying, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.