We are looking for 2 highly experienced, flexible, professional administrators to support our busy and growing Events management team. Biophorum Operations Group is a global collaboration organisation working with over 50 of the top global BioPharma and Biotech companies. As part of our service to our clients, we organise regular face-to-face meetings for up to 75 BioPharma subject matter experts at a time across the US and Europe. Our client base expects the highest of standards so our events management team need to be extremely discerning and leave no stone unturned in ensuring we exceed expectations and deliver the best experience possible. Working with our internal team of events facilitators, your role will be to research, source and secure venues and facilities. You will be responsible for all aspects of the event organisation from negotiating and agreeing the contract to specifying menus, confirming timings and numbers and sending out meeting joining instructions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set up a series of high quality face to face meetings, for 10 to 75 biopharma subject matter experts across the US and Europe
- Research on the internet and collaborate with client administrative support to build a thorough knowledge of the venue and entertainment options
- Use event sourcing software to identify, record contract information and generate reports
- Apply judgment and discernment when identifying and recommending venues for meetings, and designing entertainment and dining programs
- Negotiate and agree commercial terms with conference and entertainment venues within agreed budgets
- Manage registrations and rooming lists
- Organize meeting materials including poster printing in meeting location
- Liaise with on-site event management staff, including specifying menus and timing, confirming final numbers within agreed budgets and ensuring swift payment of invoices to ensure smooth onsite logistics
- Identify and negotiate transport suppliers as necessary
- Liaise and specify with onsite caterers as necessary
- Complete post meeting wrap-up, ‘Thank you Posters’ and recording notes on venues in CRM system
- Set up the smooth delivery of the events through clear and precise communication via joining instructions, confirmations and logistic sheets
- At all times work and liaise with the BPOG Facilitator who is responsible for the delivery of event, ensuring weekly contact in 12 week run up to meeting
- Arrange ad hoc small meetings for phorum teams as necessary
- Reporting and sign off? Eg other tasks around events as necessary (could be as simple as flowers for onsite contact)
Terms and Conditions
- Place of work: home-based.
- Hours of work, will be a basic 830 hours per annum, averaging 20 hrs/wk during term time and 10 hrs per week for 7 weeks of school holidays. Hours will be concentrated into the busy period between March to June increasing up to 35 hours a week, and will balance out in other quieter months.
- Flexible start and finish times to facilitate contact with US East and West Coast time zones
- Holidays, 5 weeks and all public holidays
- Rate between £16-18/hr depending on experience
- Possible experience as PA in a large International Company or Consultancy or virtual PA experienced in running meetings
- Strong and effective communicator with experience of dealing with senior leaders, directors and their PA’s
- International event / conference management experience
- Management meeting coordination and support
- Minimum A Level qualification or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s including Math’s and English at C grade or above
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Contract negotiation
- Researching via the Internet
- Pragmatic and practical
- Self motivated
- Eye for detail
- Attend team meetings in the Manchester area four times a year and London twice a year.
- Able to work unsupervised from home.
- Confident working in a virtual environment ideally familiar with tools such as skype and go-to- meeting.
- Support team working across US, and European time zone
- Attend 1 or 2 Face to Face events a year to experience dynamics and meet client representative