What will I be doing?
- Booking meetings for Rare candidates, clients and staff.
- Answering the door and phone, greeting visitors, signing them in and making them feel welcome.
- Sending reminders for meetings.
- Booking travel for staff.
- Handling mail to and from the office.
- Keeping meeting rooms tidy and well-stocked with stationery.
- Keeping the office tidy, including taking charge of deliveries, and ensuring that they are given to the relevant person, or put away in the correct place in a timely fashion.
- Making sure laptops are working in meeting rooms, and that printers are working and well-stocked with paper and ink.
- Setting up for large internal meetings.
- Keeping the kitchen well-stocked, tidy and in good order.
- Keeping the roof terrace orderly and clean. Watering the plants.
- Managing relationships with our cleaners and building manager.
We are looking for someone…
- Cheerful. You will be at the heart of our office and you’ll be the first person people meet when they arrive. A warm and friendly greeting makes everyone feel good. The same goes for taking on work. People have to ask you for stuff constantly. If you take those requests with positivity and cheerfulness, then everything works a whole lot more smoothly.
- Well-organised. If you love a list, and you get a little thrill from crossing off tasks once you’ve completed them, then this is the right role for you.
- Observant and proactive. If the printer starts misbehaving, coffee is running low or the doorbell rings, then you’re the first to notice.
- Conscientious. You care about doing a good job. You own your responsibilities and take professional pride in delivering excellent service.
- Resilient. Different pieces of work will be coming at you constantly from different areas. You don’t flap when this happens. You stay calm and you prioritise. You handle your responsibilities effectively, and you communicate clearly when you need help.
- Who has sharp attention to detail; you might book thirty meetings in a day and every single one of them will be booked in correctly.
- Who has a social conscience and cares about what we do.
- Who enjoys learning new systems, and getting to the point where you can use them to do your job more quickly and efficiently.
What qualifications or experience do I need?
- A university degree of at least a 2:1 in any subject. (essential)
- Reception/front of house/secretarial experience. (desirable)
- Excel skills. Please state basic, intermediate or advanced. (desirable)
What’s Rare like?
Friendly! We are based in Clerkenwell. There are lots of marvellous eateries and places to go for a walk and interesting arty things happening. It’s a great area. Our office is nice too; there is fresh fruit, yoga every Monday, and some of the brightest and warmest people you will ever meet. We have office lunch together once a month (paid for by Rare), so you’ll get to know everyone pretty quickly.
We also have a sunny roof terrace and rather nice BBQ.
We’d like you to start as soon as possible. You’ll work Monday to Friday, from 8.30am on Mondays and 9am on other days, until 5pm.
The salary is £22,500-£27,000 depending on previous experience. We will fill this role as soon as we can, so if you’re interested, apply now.
To do so, please send your CV and a one page cover letter outlining why you want to join Rare, why you want to do the job, and why you think you would be good at it.
Please include your availability and salary expectations.
If you’ve read all the way to the end of this advert, then we applaud your attention to detail. On your cover letter, please add a line telling us what you would like to cook on our BBQ.