I have a fantastic opportunity that has become available for a enthusiastic individual. The company have a brilliant work ethic, flexible working hours and excellent benefits.
Role: Legal Secretary/PA
Type: Permanent - Part Time
Salary: up to £23500
Location: Northampton (NN1)
Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.00pm / 3 days per week (one ideally a Friday)
This would be a great opportunity for a candidate that is an experienced Litigation Secretary/PA. The Successful candidate will be providing efficient secretarial service to a solicitor in the Litigation Department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Deliver practical services of outstanding quality which are focused on the client's needs.
- To type correspondence to clients and companies with particular emphasis on accuracy and proof reading.
- Under the supervision of the fee-earner, be able to compose basic letters of acknowledgement, letters enclosing cheques, etc.
- To copy type/complete legal documents using the precedent bank, e.g. witness statements, claim forms, particulars of claim, court forms and property forms, and complete routine searches under supervision.
- To arrange and service meetings, including the booking of conference rooms and provision of refreshments.
- To answer the telephone professionally with the departmental greeting, putting the call through efficiently or taking messages in the absence of the fee-earners.
- To complete accounts duties relating to client matters, e.g. complete new client matter forms, calculate and prepare client's bills and narratives, organise paperwork for claiming nominal expenses and organise computer printouts from accounts regarding client billing.
- To file away correspondence and documents each day.
- To undertake any photocopying and other office duties as required by the fee-earners.
- To meet all deadlines, prioritise workload and be prepared to work overtime if required.
- To cover reception as and when required.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
SKILLS SOUGHT AFTER IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Previous property or litigation experience desirable.
- Must be able to work under pressure, be able to meet tight deadlines and work on own initiative.
- The ability to prioritise workload is essential. Be prepared to assist the fee-earners as required in addition to secretarial duties.
- Be flexible and prepared to work overtime as and when required.
If you are interested in the above role please e-mail me a copy of your updated CV- And I will respond accordingly.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at ******************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924901