Nursery Chef Vacancy at Busy Bees Meopham
Busy Bees is the UK?s leading childcare company who is totally committed to providing exceptional care that helps young children to develop and give parents peace of mind and essential support. We recognise that our staff are our most valuable asset in ensuring that every Busy Bees child is a unique and happy child: healthy, social, confident, creative, independent and ready to learn.
We can?t do this without you, so we?re looking for a Nursery Chef to join us at our nursery in Meopham. You will be responsible for ensuring the children experience a variety of healthy balanced and nutritious foods throughout the day.?
About our Meopham Nursery
Nestling in a beautiful semi rural position within the village of Meopham, our nursery has created an excellent reputation for delivering childcare to the very highest standards. Meopham Day Nursery is a purpose built facility, offering full and part time care for children aged from 3 months to 5 years.
Each age group has their own fully equipped room, together with a dedicated team and carefully planned range of activities, both indoor and out. Each of our six rooms are spacious, and lead onto an age specific garden, allowing the children to be able to free-flow between the inside and the outside areas. We always remember that the service that we offer is for every child, that it is why we plan for each child as an individual, and ensure that we consult with children, and have our very own children council, to ensure children are given hands-on involvement on everyday decisions.?
- Provide healthy balanced, nutritious freshly prepared meals and snacks in line with food safety regulations and Busy Bees best practice guidelines.
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team
- Be involved in the adhering to budgets and financial targets and forecasts according to actual attendance
- Maintain stock levels and ordering new supplies
- Maintain high hygiene standards in the kitchen, including regular high and low level cleaning of surfaces and equipment
We offer a fantastic package a Nursery Chef:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement that increases with service
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- An?Investor In People Silver?organisation, committed to your career development
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Retail Discounts Scheme e.g. Sainsbury?s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon, Gym membership and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
- Food Safety or Hygiene Level 2 (Desirable)
- Experience within a large catering operation which prepares meals with fresh ingredients (12 minimum)
- Good communication, organisational skills
- High Standards of personal hygiene
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79267728