Deputy Director, of Civil Service and Royal Mail Pensions
As a member of the senior management team for Civil Service and Royal Mail Pensions, the post-holder will play a key role in achieving the strategic aim of becoming the best managed and administered public sector pension schemes. The particular focus of the role will be to transform the services delivered by third parties, especially the scheme administrators. This will mean managing the commercial and service delivery aspects of the relationship with the administrators of the pension schemes, whilst also leading the project to determine the next generation administration delivery model for the Civil Service, and leading the transition to that new delivery model.
The post-holder will:
- Manage all commercial negotiations with suppliers, ensuring that the contracts deliver value for money and that suppliers work in partnership with Cabinet Office to transform services.
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to the suppliers, ensuring that they deliver the required services to administer the scheme, and that they transform the services, including a particular focus on making services more customer centric and maximising the deployment of web-services.
- Leading the project to determine the next generation administration delivery model for the Civil Service scheme.
- Manage the implementation of change and one-off large projects across the pension schemes, including changes arising from legislation and government policy.
- Ensure that the wider pensions team engages properly with commercial partners and that they are supported to achieve good outcomes for scheme members and employers.
- Lead the project to improve the quality of scheme data, by managing suppliers to deliver data cleanse programme and to improve the quality of monthly data submission.
- Be responsible for the business management of the wider team, ensuring that there are effective business and resource plans in place, and that operational business risks are being effectively managed.
In addition the post holder will also be responsible for leading a team of around 10 and be expected to play a corporate leadership role across the wider Civil Service HR team more generally.