Home working - English Language - GCE - Lecturers Only
Pearson recognise the quality of expertise in the Higher Education sector and appreciate the value this can have for our learners. Consequently, we are now welcoming applications from Lecturers who have recent experience teaching at undergraduate level to become Examiners for our GCE English Language qualifications.
A GCE English Language (2016 Specification) Examiner will mark candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to Code of Practice and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
Qualifications and Experience needed
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will have at least one years teaching experience at undergraduate level in the last 3 years.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May - July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.