Psychology - GCE Examiner - Lecturers only
Pearson recognise the quality of expertise in the Higher Education sector and appreciate the value this can have for our learners. Consequently we are now welcoming applications from Lecturers who have recent experience teaching at undergraduate level to become Examiners for our GCE Psychology qualification.
An Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to Code of Practice and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
Becoming an Examiner is a great opportunity to:
• Develop your career in education
• Earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full time commitments you may have
• Gain invaluable insight into assessment
• Network with likeminded professionals in your field
Qualifications and Experience needed
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will have at least one years teaching experience at undergraduate level in the last 3 years.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.