Home Working - Science - GCSE Examiner
Home Working- Science - GCSE Examiner
Pearson have exciting opportunities for Science teachers to become Examiners for our GCSE Qualification.
An Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to Code of Practice and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
Becoming an Examiner is a great opportunity to:
• Develop your career in education
• Earn some extra money in a part-time role, alongside any full time commitments you may have
• Gain invaluable insight into assessment
• Network with likeminded professionals in your field
Experience and Qualifications Required
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant qualification and subject.
- You will have a degree or equivalent.
- You will be a qualified teacher.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org.