Return to Work programme - Nationwide
AECOM is excited to launch our first Return to Work Programme. Open to applicants of any gender, we are looking for individuals who have taken a career break of two years or more, and are looking to get back into the workplace with our structured and supportive programme. We are looking for Engineers, Planners, Project Managers, Surveyors, Ecologists and Environmental Consultants. Our recruitment days and interviews will be taking place in February with placements commencing in April 2018. Closing date for applications is Sunday 18th February.
AECOM are a global network of industry experts working on many of the world’s most important, complex and challenging projects. Our talented teams design, build, finance, operate and manage some of the most innovative projects around the world. From delivering clean water and energy, building iconic skyscrapers and sports stadiums, planning new cities, restoring damaged environments. We help to connect people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transportation systems. So come on board and help us deliver a better world.
What you will receive:
- A paid placement for 6 months, with the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
- An opportunity to work on some of AECOM’s leading & most high profile projects.
- Coaching sessions run by Women Returners to help you successfully transition back to the work place.
- Access to an abundance of internal on-line training to help you refresh your skills.
- Flexible working patterns may be available depending on the role
- A competitive salary in line with market rates
What are we looking for:
Have you previously had a successful career working in any of the following fields; Transport Planning, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural or Building Engineering, Construction, Building Surveying, Commercial/Contracts Management, Project Management, Environmental Impact Assessments or Ecology? You will already have a wealth of experience and we look forward to you bringing a fresh perspective to our teams and projects.
- Transportation Planners and Engineers in the fields of Traffic, Highways, Transport Planning, and Modelling – based in St Albans, Croydon, Bedford, Basingstoke and London *
- Civil Engineer – to work on water & flood risk projects – based in Croydon and Basingstoke *
- Mechanical Engineer (Building Engineering) – based in St Albans - an office based role working on the design aspects (such as, heating, lighting, power, air conditioning etc) of a variety of large projects, including, offices, residential developments, hotels, hospitals etc *
- Electrical Engineer (Building Engineering) – based in St Albans - working on all aspects of electrical engineering design, including specification writing, calculations and developing designs *
- Building Surveyor (Buildings + Places Sector) – based in London *
- Contracts Support (Buildings + Places Sector) – legal administration background required to support the review and finalisation of contracts - based in London or St Albans
- Ecologist – based in Basingstoke and Croydon *
- Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant – based in Birmingham and Bristol *
*AECOM also welcomes applicants with relevant experience who are based outside of these locations, as they may be able to consider you for their other office location throughout the UK.