HR Business Partner
• Are you passionate about people?
• Do you have experience across a broad range of HR functions?
• Have you used your expertise to help shape the future of an organisation?
If so we’d like to hear from you.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation and the most important resource the organisation has. We are currently looking for an engaging HR Business Partner to drive the performance of the organisation through improving the capability, deployment and engagement of its people. We are an Investors in People employer and are proud to have reached the final of the ‘Grow Somerset’ awards for our new apprenticeship programme.
The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) is a world-leading agency providing the most comprehensive range of marine geospatial information across the globe. This information is supplied to commercial shipping, defence navies and maritime organisations for the primary purpose of safe navigation and global trade. It also supports other marine activities including economic development, environmental protection, resource exploration and utilisation, scientific research and security and defence.
It is an exciting time to join the HR team and the UK Hydrographic Office has ambitious plans for digital transformation. The key area of focus for a HR BP are:
- To transform organisational size, structure and skills so that the UKHO has an efficient, sustainable and responsive organisation for the future, including developing world-class data skills, talent and leadership and management capability.
- To support building a new culture in a way that puts its customers at the centre of everything it does and empowers its people to innovate, adapt and deliver so that the UKHO is open, flexible and responsive to new ideas and market change. A key part of this programme is the move into new offices in Taunton ensuring that the new working environment reflects the culture we are striving for.
- Implementing and embedding a new HR system to provide the most up to date tools and introduce Employee Self Service into the UKHO for the first time, empowering staff and managers to own their people processes.
To be successful, we are looking for candidates who have a successful track record of working with senior managers to deliver people change. You will have achieved this through building credibility quickly and delivering a high quality service working across all levels of an organisation. You will be a forward thinking HR professional with significant experience of working in HR and have the ability to guide, influence and advise your teams through all people related matters. Above all we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference, and have a real impact in shaping the UKHO for the future.
We are committed to encouraging the widest range of candidates who may bring something new to our team. We are delighted to consider flexible working arrangements and we support personal development and will provide training to help you develop and progress.
This is a Ministry of Defence non-reserved post for which applicants must be British citizens, citizens of the Irish Republic, a Commonwealth state or EEA nations. Successful applicants will require NSV security clearance; therefore, will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
For role specific information and guidance on how to apply, please go to the UKHO website- www.ukho.gov.uk
The closing date for applications for this role is 12 noon on Friday 9 March 2018.