It’s never been a more exciting time to be part of Ofgem. The energy industry is on the cusp of some huge changes, and it’s the regulator’s job to help them happen, while ensuring consumers are protected.
There are also some exciting changes internally, and as part of these we are now looking to appoint a General Counsel to act as legal advisor to the Chief Executive and the Board. This is a demanding and complex leadership role and the advice you will give will help Ofgem make a difference to consumers.
As General Counsel, you will:
- Ensure Ofgem is legally compliant in everything it does
- Contribute to our strategic agenda
- Lead a team of 70
- Oversee the management of our legal risk to ensure Ofgem can use its powers for the benefit of consumers
Ofgem is the independent regulator of Britain’s gas and electricity markets, ensuring an affordable and sustainable energy supply for all of Britain’s energy consumers, existing and future.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Senior-level legal experience as a qualified solicitor or barrister in regulation, competition, public or commercial law
- First-class intellect and analytical skills
- The ability to lead teams through change
- Strong strategic skills
- The ability to persuade, influence and build relationships
Saxton Bampfylde is acting as an employment agency advisor to Ofgem on this appointment. Click the apply button below, follow the link and enter code QORAB to continue.
Applications should arrive not later than noon on the 27th February 2018.