An exciting opportunity has become available for a Science Writer to join a dynamic and enthusiastic team working on the development and manufacturing of new methods for early detection of cancer. The company is based in the Clinical Sciences Building on the Nottingham City Hospital site.
Oncimmune is a leading early cancer detection company developing and commercialising its proprietary early cancer detection (EarlyCDT®) platform technology. The company was founded in 2003 and launched its first product, EarlyCDT-Lung, in 2012 and since then over 150,000 commercial tests have been sold. Further serum assays for early detection of other solid tumours are currently under development.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated scientific professional with proven writing skills to join our team as a Science Writer and be part of the team responsible for the written scientific output of the company.
As a Science Writer:
- You will be working closely with the Chief Operational Scientist, Associates Directors, Statisticians, Scientists and all research staff, in order to become familiar with all research currently being undertaken by Oncimmune.
- Using your extensive background in science writing, you will advise and assist in the formulation, editing and submission of manuscripts, regulatory documents, and assist research staff in the preparation of grant applications, abstracts, lay summaries, presentations, letters, conference materials, scientific reports and any other documentation required.
An ideal Science Writer will have:
- A minimum of a degree in life-science with an advanced understanding of biology and knowledge of the molecular basis of cancer.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team are vital, as interaction with managers, group leaders and research staff is a key aspect of the role.
- You must be highly organised, proactive, pay close attention to detail and be comfortable and able to work to challenging and competing deadlines.
- You will have substantial experience of writing for peer reviewed publications, as well as strong editorial experience and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrative experience in a similar role would be highly desirable.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please send a detailed CV and supporting statement, which explains how you meet the selection criteria for the post, together with the names and addresses of two referees.
We will consider part-time hours, minimum 80% FTE.
Closing date: 23rd of February 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960114657