- A competitive salary
- Free parking
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays (pro-rata for part time roles)
- Development & Career progression opportunities
- Contributory pension
- Staff Social Club
- Excellent office facilities - including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables
- On-site catering subsidised by the company
- Employee incentives - Reward and recognition schemes
- Excellent career opportunities
- Supervision of work and ensuring compliance and adherence to court timescales and client SLAs;
- Assist with planning and driving the workload for Legal Assistants, Grade 1 and Grade 2 Paralegals;
- Prepare and assist with delivery of training to the Litigation department and other areas of the business;
- Deal with complex contested matters including Multi Track actions;
- Drafting contested pleadings including witness statements and Reply to Defence and/or Defence to Counterclaims;
- Develop client relationships and conduct analysis and report outcomes for clients;
- Reviewing cases and deciding on most appropriate action;
- Point of contact for clients;
- Drive the management of the email, records and correspondence to ensure delivery is in line with client SLA’s;
- Working alongside current Litigation management team to ensure all tasks in the department are completed, making best use of available resources;
- First point of escalation for queries/manager call backs;
- Point for any customer/third party complaints;
- Duty to identify, raise and report any breaches in order to adhere to SRA and FCA principles;
- Monitor work allocation/compliance with orders;
- Undertakes any other duties in line with the basic objectives of the post given to by management.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK;
- NQ Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive Lawyer;
- Sound working knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and court procedures;
- At least 3 years Commercial/Debt Litigation experience dealing with a volume caseload;
- At least 1 year of personnel management experience;
- Understanding of the SRA and FCA principles.
- Ability to identify and achieve solutions to problems and disputes;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines;
- Adherence to SRA and FCA rules;
- Applicants must have the ability to organise large volumes of material, identify missing documents, prioritise tasks and effectively communicate with interested parties;
- Strong team-focused work ethic;
- Positive outlook;
- Driven attitude;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Demonstrate a passion to be part of a management team committed to continuous improvement;
- Demonstrable desire to succeed and be passionate in dealings with customers and clients;
- Maintains a professional image at all times;
- Demonstrates an awareness of the professional standards required when working within a regulated law firm and the importance of delivering a quality service to our clients;
- Values diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity.
Why not take the time to take the first steps today towards joining our growing team!
Please note that successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal record check.
Due to the high volume of applications it is not always possible to respond every application. If you have not heard from us by 10th March 2018, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79976088