Operations Manager - Flexible part time working hours
Feedback is an environmental organisation that campaigns to regenerate nature by ending food waste and moving towards a better use of food, resources and nutrients within the food system. We work with governments, international institutions, businesses, NGOs, grassroots organisations and the public to change culture, markets and legislation for a fairer, more sustainable food system.
More information can be found on our website http://feedbackglobal.org/.
We are a friendly team, priding ourselves on maintaining a positive and values-led organisation. We aim to provide a flexible working environment with a good work/life balance and we welcome interest from candidates who are returning to work after maternity leave or career breaks.
This job is for an immediate start. At a minimum we would like the successful applicant to come in some days in April for handover from the current postholder.
About the Role
This will be a varied role within a fast paced environment therefore flexibility and a positive, can-do attitude and a readiness to get stuck in to all aspects of the organisation are essential competencies of the successful candidate.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of core functions (HR, IT, office management, monitoring and evaluation), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and project functions.
- Play a role in long-term planning, with the view to delivering operational excellence.
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout Feedback covering non-financial aspects of the organisation, including compliance with relevant legislation.
Responsibilities by Function
- Deliver all aspects of the HR function including recruitment, training, personal development, performance management and team building.
Legal, Compliance and Contract management (30%)
- Review contracts
- Liaise with pro bono lawyers
- Ensure Feedback complies with all Employment, Health & Safety, Data protection legislation, utilising any external, professional advice where required.
- Ensure Feedback complies with the Data Protection Act
- With the Executive Director, lead on governance issues, including Board meetings, Trustee recruitment and other statutory requirements such as the Trustees Report
- Manage the risk register
IT/Office Management (30%)
- Review the use of the head office periodically and make recommendations to the Executive Director, in consultation with the Finance Director, on any changes to the accommodation requirements of the charity
- Ensure good value for money is secured for the charity in respect of all of its overheads
- Ensure the upkeep of the premises, liaising with the landlord and reviewing and updating relevant insurance policies
- Ensure adherence to health & safety procedures
- Oversee and manage Feedback's CRM system.
- Degree or equivalent qualification/proven experience
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage a varied and complex workload
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent person management skills and ability to support, motivate and develop working relationships with people at all levels
- Proven experience in direct management/supervision of staff and/or volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills (presentational; listening; influencing; diplomacy)
- A commitment to the objectives and core values of Feedback
- Experience of working in a start-up or in a small and dynamic organisation in the charity or social enterprise sector
- Experience of developing and rolling out organisational strategies, policies and procedures
- Experience of overseeing HR, legal, governance or other functions in a similar organisation
- Experience in a leadership role at middle or senior management level in a similar organisation, involving effective management of people, systems and policies
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) explaining how you meet the person specification and why you would like to work at Feedback.