Senior Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Are you in academia or industry and are looking for an exciting and flexible role which uses your creativity to contribute to the delivery of Electrical and Electronic Engineering programmes? Does your experience bring a fresh perspective which will encourage under-represented groups, particularly women into this field? Are you passionate about making a difference through your imaginative approach and expertise in Electrical and Electronic Engineering?
We are currently building a diverse team of creative and innovative people to establish our Engineering and Product Design degrees in our new state-of-the-art Engineering and Digital Technology Park. With cutting-edge teaching labs containing brand new equipment, students will put their learning immediately into practice, working with those studying engineering and creative disciplines and reproducing a real workplace environment.
You will join the team at this exciting time to play an important role in designing innovative Engineering & Design programmes offering a creative response to the needs of both students and industry through an inclusive, accessible curriculum delivered through small group interdisciplinary teaching and a project-based approach.
You will have the opportunity to make a key contribution to a number of new programmes, building on your experience of sharing knowledge and your skills in a learning or industrial environment. We welcome applications from a broad range of backgrounds and offer a supportive and flexible working environment with the full range of flexible working options. Ideally, you will have:
- Good honours degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- A higher degree preferably a doctorate in a relevant subject area.
- Sound knowledge of the general area of Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: Electronic Instrumentation, Control Engineering, Analogue and Digital Design, Embedded Systems, Communication Engineering.
- Ability to design and deliver innovative, high quality, exciting and challenging learning experiences.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and connect with students and external clients from a range of different backgrounds.
- Ability to undertake professional or academic project work e.g. research, creative or industrial projects, scholarship and/or knowledge transfer.
Does this sound like you?
If so, we are waiting for your application. Applications are invited from candidates who wish to work part time or on a job share basis and are welcomed from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds as they are currently under-represented at this level. Applications are also welcomed from early career Academics.
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Dr Nader Anani, Head of Electronics and Electrical Engineering on 01243 812141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28 March 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please visit our website for our online application form and full job profile.