Lead UX Designer - Returner Programme
The UK Business has made significant progress in the last 18 months in the Digital space, it is now seeking to make a step change to ensure that it fulfills its ambition to provide a market-leading personalized and differentiated digital experience for Fidelity customers and to become a digital-first business. As part of this, all the existing digital teams have been brought together in this new organization.
Purpose of your role
This is one of the most critical roles in the Fidelity Digital team with your task being to help us transform the Digital experiences of our clients, advisors and business users. Whether interacting with us on mobile devices through our native applications or through our websites our aim is to deliver the best user experience not only in financial services but the best experience period.
As part of our plans to expand and ‘in-house’ the majority of our digital skills the senior user experience designer role will be fundamental in terms of understanding our users needs and objectives from concept development through to wireframes, low fidelity designs & prototypes and user tests before high fidelity design and build to deploy and ultimately on-going improvement and optimisation. You will be a senior member of the UX team reporting to the Head of Digital UX.
Part of your role will be to help us embed a UCD (user centred design) approach and to ensure we work collaboratively across not only the digital team but our suppliers, partners as well as other in-house teams including marketing, operations, and technology to ensure a seamless, engaging and market-leading user experience for all of the fidelity’s customers.
- To provide a class-leading user experience for the various Fidelity businesses by establishing user needs and consequent information structure for Web sites and Web applications; mentoring team members, practicing and embedding UCD principles.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups, and participating in user research conducted throughout the organization.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behaviour into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing a paper and interactive prototypes and mock-ups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Project Manager and Design developers to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Is able to be confidently creative whilst Adhering to design standards and developing new ones.
- Works to improve the design process within a highly collaborative and iterative workflow. Establishes a close working relationship with technical architects, developers and project managers
Experience and Qualifications Required
UX design experience
Ability to gather, synthesize, understand and communicate customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into Digital experiences using design thinking and related methodologies
Experience of team leadership, people management, and professional development
Creativity, ingenuity, resilience and a sense of humor a must