Assistant Reviews Editor
Our mission at Mumsnet Reviews is to create the most in-depth, interesting and discoverable reviews content in the UK.
We’re an ambitious team with creative streak and a passion for data. In our first year we put over 200 products through their paces with real families, in real life situations, and published well over 100 pages of content. As Assistant Editor you’ll play a key role in the growth of Mumsnet Reviews, working closely with freelance journalists and our in-house optimisation team to drive quality traffic to our content.
What are the expected outcomes of the role:
- Best in class product testing process with a focus on real parents in real life situations.
- In depth product reviews which are useful to users (measured on dwell time).
- Highly optimised content which regularly outranks our competitors
What will you do:
- Commission freelance journalists to research and test products
- Fact check and edit reviews content
- Source and create images
- Continuously optimise live pages for search
- Identify areas of opportunity through search analysis
- Regularly report on SEO progress
What you must have
- Experience of writing and editing engaging content (preferably online)
- Understanding of SEO and Google analytics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show initiative and good judgement
- Flexibility, willingness and can do attitude
It would be nice if you had
- The Photoshop skills of a wizard
- Some experience in commissioning video content
- An interest in product design and conversion rate optimisation
This role is envisaged as a full-time, 5-day week position based in our offices in Kentish Town, though we are proud to be a flexible employer and would certainly consider flexible options for the right candidate.
This role is ideal for a graduate who already has some experience and is looking to move up the editorial ladder - but would equally suit someone who may be returning from a career break.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV and a cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so please do submit your application as soon as you can!
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work. We are proud to pay all our employees, including those on internships, the London living wage as a very minimum.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 16 odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. Read our Equality and Diversity Policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.