Account Management and Sustainability Director
Reporting directly to the Ministry of Justice Director of Estates, the Account Management and Sustainability Director will be responsible for:
Account and Stakeholder Management
• Building effective relationships with stakeholders across Cluster departments, the industry and Whitehall including Ministers; acting as the strategic owner for all cluster account management responsibilities.
• To establish and develop senior level strategic relationships in order to generate revenues, optimise cost model and develop MoUs to support the operational and strategic delivery of the Cluster and its partners property priorities.
• Strategic owner for the implementation of clear strategic plans to consolidate your major account relationships and gain valuable business. This will include identifying/creating new commercial opportunities and delivering high-quality, tailored propositions as well as negotiating group/local requirements across the Cluster.
• To develop and maintain an understanding of your clients’ business, their customers and their market and operational context. This may include working with them on specific strategic issues, facilities management, budgeting decisions, competitive assessments and building reviews to support the strategic aims of the cluster, client groups and GPU.
• To use the account knowledge to correctly position strategic plans to operational solutions; delivering a high quality, effective and value-added service to customers across the Cluster. This includes recognising and dealing effectively with issue escalations, legislation requirements and commercial needs for your clients.
• To provide strategic lead in ensuring the cluster’s management systems and customer records are maintained (on CRM) with accurate, high quality information in order to enable effective forward-planning, maximise and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of customer activity and demand forecasts for Cluster activities across all client groups. All client conversations and transactions must be clearly documented and aligned to MOUs.
• Seek feedback on the performance of the Cluster covering Facilities Management, Project Delivery and Property related issues in accordance with the services provided as set out in the MoU with each business area. This will include feedback to the business on their own accountabilities under the MoU, which will enable provision to the business of the best possible service at the business’ affordable cost.
• Provide innovative ideas and best practice solutions to drive continuous business and process improvement, and challenge business as usual assumptions.
• Develop effective environmental solutions in complex and diverse property portfolios, with limited capital investment.
• Lead the department’s response to the Environmental Audit Committee’s review of Sustainability in the MoJ.
• Direct Greening Government Commitment strategies for all six cluster departments.
• Engaging relevant audiences across all areas of the business in operationalising the CRS agenda, this includes strategic positioning and operational plans for cluster sustainability responsibilities, ability to track key KPI/T measures, implementation of measures and plans to address specific issues / proposal taking a cluster view.
• Collaborate with other Estates Clusters to define and shape Government Estate best practice, and across business areas in cluster departments to influence business strategies such as Commercial and IT functions.
• Develop effective strategies to drive maximum value from departmental property portfolios.
• Map complex and changing business priorities to departmental and cluster property service requirements. This includes, strategic property plans per client, development of robust customer dashboards and KPI/T matrices, MoU development and cost recovery for the effective delivery of the Cluster.
• Collaborate with Cluster Partners and GPA to maximise cross government strategies and utilisation of space. Oversee development of strategies for Cluster Partners to drive savings through early property release.
• Lead major office relocation and refurbishment Programmes across the Cluster, this includes establishing future needs and implementation plans across client groups, rationalisation of property and alignment to wider government CRS agenda.
• Chair the Estates Directorate Strategic Asset Management Board with responsibility for approving all high cost investment decisions.
Leading and Managing People
• Leadership and Management of the Account Management and Sustainability Function.
• Building capability within the Account Management and Sustainability Function; managing 4 direct reports and a Function of 40 staff.
• Accountable for budgets of more than £130million per annum; ensuring these budgets are used effectively.