An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented curriculum specialist to join the Senior Leadership Team. In this key position, you will be responsible for shaping the College’s curriculum and for ensuring that students receive the best teaching, learning and pastoral support possible, to enable them to fulfil their academic potential. This quality assurance and student support remit run through the role, as the successful candidate will be the College’s Nominee, leading on self-assessment and inspection preparation and the College’s Designated Safeguarding Lead. You will have high expectations and standards along with a natural ability to lead by example to motivate both staff and students. You will relish the opportunity to play an integral role in helping the College to achieve outstanding status.
Excellent knowledge of data, effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies, and post-16 curriculum developments are therefore essential to this role.
The successful candidate will:
• Have significant leadership experience and a proven track record in raising standards.
• Have the outstanding strategic ability to anticipate and lead change.
• Possess the excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence necessary to lead and motivate a committed and highly skilled team of staff.
• Have an excellent record of successful teaching within the 16-19 age groups
• Be committed to the inclusive ethos of the College and to the development of an environment in which diversity is celebrated and fairness and respect for others are paramount.
Expected salary range from £74,000 to £78,000 – Commensurate with experience plus a generous relocation package and an attractive benefits package including 38 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Start Date: August 2018
Closing date for all completed application forms: Monday 30th April 2018
Interviews planned for Tuesday 22nd & Wednesday 23rd May 2018