Permanent role - 21 hours per week
Salary (actual) - £8,859.03 (£18,000 FTE)
Highbury are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to support students with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (LDD), NEETs and ESOL students with a background in horticulture. This role is for 21 hours per week for 40 weeks per year.
The successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate patience whilst possessing both excellent organisational and communication skills. This role would suit someone who is keen to develop a career in education and teaching. The successful candidate will need to be MiDAS Minibus trained.
Main Duties of the Post:
- Supporting and guiding students’ progress within a specific vocational learning environment
- Assessing students’ practical work within a work related learning environment
- Delivering supplied lessons and supporting the students during these lessons
- Delivering set work, including employability skills, to support the students to enter the world of work
- Assisting students to produce and collate evidence for portfolios
- Liaising with teaching staff and Learning Assistants to set and monitor targets for skills development including employability, personal and social development and communication skills
- Contribute to reports and reviews with parents, carers and external organisations
- Develop and maintain links with partner employers
- Provide career and progression guidance
Highbury College offers extensive support to new staff including:
- Regular support and coaching throughout your first year by the Sector Lead
- A Mentor who will help you settle in to the College
- A thorough Induction programme
- Access to Learning and Development including a Free Course Voucher
- Support from the College to focus on CPD
What we can offer you:
- A fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme where the College contributes around 19%
- A canteen, hair and beauty salon and nursery
- A sports centre with a 50% discount for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme and access to an online discount website
The working environment:
- You will be working within a friendly and professional team who are specialist experts
- You will be working for a Grade 1 outstanding College which has over 50 years of teaching and learning experience
So if you think you have the skills and experience, we look forward to receiving your application. Further information about this role can be found in the Job Description
The closing date for this vacancy is the 15th April 2018.
Please note: If you require any assistance with the completion of your application please contact the Human Resources department on 02392 328910 or email the HR inbox.