Hotel Reservations Executive (Mandarin Speaking)
Our client is a tour operator that collaborates with a range of service providers to achieve the best service and value for money. The company uses their passion and knowledge to clearly identify client requirements and exceed their expectations. By building strong working relationships with their clients, they can provide first class customer service and achieve the best customer experience possible.
We are seeking a detail orientated candidate with excellent communication skills for a Hotel Reservations Executive position based in Central London. The candidate must be passionate about the travel industry and have a high attention to detail. It is essential that the applicant has positive attitude and has a good level of verbal/written Mandarin and English. The applicant must have strong interpersonal skills to build good working relationships with clients and customers. It is also important that the applicant can work effectively as part of a team and independently in a fast paced environment with pressured deadlines.
Ideaboxes Limited is an international recruitment and consultancy agency. It specialises in finding UK businesses experienced Chinese bilingual candidates. Ideaboxes aims to provide outstanding support for businesses and offer professional career advice for Chinese speakers based in the UK. By delivering this service, Ideaboxes can act as a bridge between distinguished employers and high-level job seekers. By recruiting the best Chinese candidates for employers, this will assist in the development of an expanding Chinese market and meet the increasing demand for Chinese speakers in the work place, worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Research and contact potential clients
· Work with the team to effectively handle customer queries and complaints in a professional methodical manner.
· Find solutions to difficult situations when they arise, for example if a hotel or location is unavailable.
· Negotiate prices and confirm groups/rates with hotels when required.
· Build and maintain relationships with clients, management and other departments.
· Collaborate effectively with the team and use initiative to work independently when needed.
· Ensure hotels offered are to the standard and quality required.
· Maintain good company and service knowledge
· Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels to make sure that information is properly understood.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
· Must have at least 1 years’ experience working in a reservations department/ customer service.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
· An excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
· Strong sales skills and good at building customer relations.
· A high level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
· Able to prioritise and multitask to meet pressured deadlines.
· Effective negotiating skills and good time management.
· Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
· Strong organisational, planning and problem solving skills.
· Passionate with a can-do attitude
· Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Resilient and adaptable
· Familiar with 3, 4, 5 star hotels in UK or Western European countries.
· Good marketing knowledge and understanding of hotel products, services, locations and competitors.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of clients and all departments within the business.
· Target driven and self-motivated.
· Confident and approachable manner with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm (1 hour lunch break)
Salary range: £ 22,000-£27,000 per year DOE (Dependant on experience)
Please Note: In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is only possible to contact successful candidates within 14 days.