POST: Administrative Officer (Welsh speaking essential).
CLOSING DATE: 6th April 2018.
SALARY: £18-20,000 pro-rata.
HOURS: Part-time or full-time, hours negotiable, working at least 20 hours a week.
Arad intends to appoint an Administrative Officer to be responsible for supporting our team’s work on a range of research projects. We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and conscientious person to be an important part of the company’s operation by working closely with a group of experienced researchers. It is expected that the administrative officer should be able to communicate competently in spoken and written Welsh and English. The position offers good opportunities for professional development for the successful candidate.
Arad is a research company based in Cardiff. The company was founded in 2004 and we have developed expertise in a range of areas including education and skills, policy for children and young people, bilingualism, culture and community regeneration. Our team provides research and evaluation services to a range of clients including government departments, local authorities, voluntary sector organisations and private companies. In addition to research and evaluation, we advise clients on policy development and strategic planning.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Administrative Officer you will be expected to support the company’s work in a number of ways, including:
- assisting with the internal administration of the company;
- answering telephone enqueries and forwarding calls to relevant individuals
- arranging meetings, interviews and focus groups;
- helping to manage electronic diaries;
- supporting the management of research projects;
- attending and taking notes from meetings;
- contributing to the preparation of tender documents;
- maintaining and updating Arad’s website and social media;
- preparing and processing invoices;
- inputting research data;
- carrying out some short translation tasks.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Candidates will possess the following:
- excellent communication skills through the medium of Welsh and English;
- excellent written skills in Welsh and English;
- good organisational skills;
- information technology skills, specifically experience of using Office programmes (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
Ideally, candidates will have:
- experience of administration / project management;
- experience of creating and managing spreadsheets and databases;
- experience of distributing information through ‘Mail Merge’
- experience and / or interest in the areas in which Arad works;
- 2+ years in a similar role;
- experience of translating between Welsh and English.
HOW TO APPLY / CONTACT US
To apply, send a CV and cover letter (with the names and contact details of two referees) to email@example.com or by post to Sioned Lewis, Arad Research, 8 Columbus Walk, Brigantine Place, Cardiff, CF10 4SD.
Arad is a bilingual company and we welcome applications in Welsh or English. Please note, however, that Welsh language skills are essential for this post.