Care Assistant - Full-Time Days
Care Assistant - Winnersh
We have full-time Care Assistant positions - Shifts are worked on a rota basis including every other weekend. Full time Hours are:
Days - 35 hours per week - £9.00 per hour plus Benefits
We are looking to recruit Care Assistants who can demonstrate compassion and empathy in their approach to caring for older people, either through previous roles in social care or in other caring environments.
The role of a Care Assistant includes the following tasks:
• Supporting and caring for all residents ensuring that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met while maintaining dignity, choice, independence and respect.
• Assist as required with social functions at the home.
• To assist with administration of residents care plans.
• To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities including incontinence and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
• Support and work closely with families and friends offering professional and emotional support sensitively.
• To be flexible with regards to working hours and attend training and development sessions as required.
The following requirements are essential for the role of Care Assistants:
• Ability to communicate and interact well with people
• to be able to read, write and work with numbers to a good standard;
• Ability to understand and carryout instructions and tasks as required by the job role;
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
• Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature
The following requirements are desirable for the role of Care Assistants:
Ideally, some experience in a similar role within the care, health or social care setting, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field.
A relevant NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent, however if not training will be provided as a requirement of the job role
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team. A compassionate, can-do person with experience supporting older people. To you, its more than just a job. Its a role where you happily go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of older people. A belief in giving your personal best at all times
What well offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary
- Child care vouchers
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
About Care Home
Our dementia care home in Winnersh is a brand new concept in dementia support. Based near Wokingham, in Berkshire, the home has been specially designed to offer the best possible care to people living with dementia.
The home has been developed to allow freedom of movement throughout as it flows from one area into another without residents reaching any dead ends. At Abbeyfield Winnersh we combine cutting edge technology with expert design to offer a safe, stimulating and comfortable dementia friendly environment.
The home has 62 en-suite bedrooms together with separate spa-bathrooms, a beauty salon, lounges, a cinema, and a shop. This is surrounded by beautiful gardens which can be enjoyed by you, your family and friends.
The gardens have been created to encourage outside living, with lots of outdoor areas for residents to sit in and look at. We understand the importance of getting a varied and healthy diet, so we will ensure all residents receive nutritious meals.
Who we are
We have been established since 1956 when the dream of one man, Richard Carr-Gomm, became a reality. He recognised that a lot of older people were both neglected and isolated and he dedicated the rest of his life to building our charity that has been helping thousands of people across Britain and the world.
During our 60 years weve developed Richards dream and our 500+ houses and homes are run by specialist staff that are determined to provide all our residents exceptional standards of help and support. Weve developed just the right formula that allows us to flexibly provide individual levels of assistance when and where theyre needed.
We are proud of the quality of what we do, and not only are we monitored and regulated by the HCA and CQC, but we have implemented our own bespoke quality standard.
You can rest assured that, with Abbeyfield, youre in good hands.
Please apply online with your CV
This post is subject to a DBS check.