Cafe Coordinator (Part time)
Overall Description: To Co-ordinate a new ‘pop-up’ Community Café within St James Centre.
Hours required: 10 hours per week, 5 hours on a Wednesday, 5 hours on a Thursday, to include operating time, planning and clean down.
Rate of Pay: £9.10 per hour
1. Plan menus with food provided to make best use of produce and time
2. Create a welcoming environment!
3. Manage a team of volunteers
4. Manage food donations and purchases to minimise cost and waste
5. Label all food with allergy information
6. Ensure Health & Safety and Hygiene standards are consistently met or surpassed
7. Manage cash and ensure till is balanced
8. Set and Clear down kitchen and Café (‘pop-up’ style in a Function Room)
9. Liaise with partners to set up complimentary services within Café
1. Cooking ability, including planning, preparation and presentation
2. Polite, warm, approachable and pleasant manner!
3. Ability to work with vulnerable volunteers from diverse backgrounds
4. Experience of co-ordinating a service or project
5. Experience of working with food
6. Food hygiene training preferred but can be provided for right candidate
Please note: An enhanced DBS will be required
Responsible to: St James Centre Manager
Apply: Request an application form from: email@example.com