Community Nurse - Sessional/bank RMN/RNLD
Position: Sessional Nurse (Community nurse) – Home based – Full time or part time, permanent or bank.
Location: Community/home based
Vacancy: Sessional/regular bank
Salary: Sessional £16 - £22 per hour
Hours: 2-3 hours per session
Gray Healthcare is a specialist health and social care provider, supporting people with mental health needs, disabilities and long-term conditions looking to step back into the community from long-term in-patient support services. At Gray, we offer our own dynamic approach to care, enabling people to move back into their own homes - into their own communities – giving them control of their life. We create a bespoke support package for each individual with care support from our own multi-disciplinary team, adaptable to meet all current and future needs.
Having established a credible support model that is valued by individuals, their loved ones and health and social care professionals, Gray Healthcare is embarking on an ambitious strategy of growth. We have some fantastic opportunities for specialist community nurses a to join us at this critical point in our growth strategy.
The successful practitioner’s duties will be varied and no two days will be the same, but typically you will;
- Build therapeutic relationships with Service Users – 2 hours per week per patient typically
- Ensure Service Users are fully involved in all aspects of their care and support
- To work in an open and transparent manner, ensuring that Service Users are consulted in all aspects of their care and treatment.
- Visit Service User on a weekly basis or as detailed within care pathway to carry out mental state assessment, being fully aware of diagnosis, relapse signatures and symptom management
- Assess Service User mental health & physical wellbeing, identifying changes and or deterioration and liaise with external agencies in order to prevent further deterioration
- To ensure compliance with medication is maintained, work towards self-medication as appropriate to promote independence.
- Carry out Medication Audits, ensuring medication administration records are maintained, current and updated as required.
- Carry out medication awareness training and reviews with support workers as required
- Assess and overseeing any changes in medication are implemented effectively by liaising with the GP / Clinical team.
- To carry out Risk Assessments and reviews with the Service User as appropriate
- To carry out assessments as required to monitor, maintain and improve mental health and recovery needs.
- To encourage Service Users to communicate in an open manner, show excellent listening skills whilst interpreting their needs and concerns.
- Liaise with relatives/carers of the Service User
- To motivate Service User to ensure they have a full weekly activity plan
What we are looking for from you is:
- Desirable 5 year’s experience post preceptorship
- Experience of empowering, supporting and motivating an individual with life skills
- The individual you will be supporting may live in an area with minimum public transport – driving licence is desirable
- Experience working within ABI, LD, MH, or complex needs
Training & Development Opportunities
We pride ourselves in the opportunities we offer to develop staff throughout their employment with Gray Healthcare, which include both Mandatory & Optional training:
Learning & Development Modules
Person Centred Training to reflect the individual’s need, for example understanding mental health conditions and treatments, personality disorders, acquired brain injuries, autism, understanding and responding positively to behaviours that challenge, motivational interviewing.
NVQ/QCF opportunities in Health & Social Care.
Gray Healthcare is committed by law to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare vulnerable adults. All offers will be subject to a DBS check under the rehabilitation of offenders act. We are unable to support home office application; all future employees are required to evidence UK right to work. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to disability, gender, race, religion or anything considered to be a minority group.