Part Time Book Keeper & Office Admin
Location: Port Hamble Marina
Hours: 10-15 hours per week / ideally 2-3 hours per day
Salary: Up to £17 per hour depending on experience
Spar-Tec Engineering, based in Port Hamble Marina produce high end marine fabrications for the boat industry.
We are looking for someone to join our small business, the specific days and times of work are negotiable, so the role would suit someone who needs flexibility in their schedule.
Ultimately, you will perform a range of financial, administrative and organisational duties that make the business function.
- Management of financial accounts, using SAGE 50 including month end reporting, VAT return and year end
- Maintaining bank account records and performing monthly bank account reconciliations
- Creating invoices and quotes
- Maintaining and updating accounting records
- Act as point of contact with our payroll services partner to manage monthly payroll
- Paying suppliers
- Chasing customer payments
- Responsible for managing holiday calendars and staff overtime
- Overseeing employment contract management
- Monitoring office supplies and equipment and ordering materials when necessary
- Communicating directly with customers face to face, by telephone and email
- Answering phone calls and dealing with customer queries
- Processing and packing orders
- Liaising with courier to collect orders
- Performing other related duties as required
- Must be ok to share an office with a dog
Skills and Attributes:
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills and high numeracy skills
- Customer service orientation and a team player
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration (or equivalent) would be desirable
- Familiarity with accounting software such as SAGE
Practical assessment will be used in the selection process.