Business Development Apprentice - Worthing College
About the College
Worthing College is a very popular college with over 1450 students. Our recent Ofsted inspection judged us to be ‘Good’ in every respect. Our mission is to inspire, build confidence and prepare our students to live the life they want to live and is underpinned by our strong desire to become outstanding in the near future. Above all Worthing College is a very friendly place with a strong sense of purpose, where teaching, learning and student success are second to none.
Background to the Posts
An Apprentice is required to work and train in the college’s Marketing and Events Team, to work across all team areas and functions. The work is varied and interesting with no two days the same! The team has a track-record of providing outstanding services to –
- Support the internal and external communication needs of the college through eg telephone, and reception duties.
- Support internal and external postal systems.
- Develop and run two college shops on site.
- Support administration functions associated with all areas of the marketing and events team which also include; admissions, catering, premises, reception, reprographics, retail.
- Support effective marketing and events.
- Ensure people can find out what the college has to offer.
- Provide access to the best information and advice for both students, staff and customers.
- Ensure applications and admissions processes are of the highest standard.
The post holder will work as part of a highly professional and committed team.
The Apprentice will be responsible for a range of duties including -
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials for distribution or display.
- Attending and supporting college events (sometimes in the evenings or at weekends).
- Assisting with facilities’ hire and bookings including hospitality and logistics.
- Greeting and providing excellent customer service to students, staff and visitors, responding to all enquiries.
- Reception desk duties.
- Dealing with telephone calls, emails, internal and external postal services.
- Mailings and distribution of letters and memos
- Photocopying and printing a range of documents.
- Receiving deliveries to the college and assisting with distribution.
- Filing and record keeping including updating electronic database records.
- Processing cash and card payments.
- Assisting with balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Assisting with pricing goods for sale.
- Assisting with stock control and stock ordering and processing payments, stocking shelves etc.
- Assisting with receipt and storage of stock.
- Assisting customers to find the products they are looking for.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems/complaints to the Manager.
- Ensuring standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- Being vigilant within college shops to ensure all shop sales are correctly paid for.
- Ensuring fire exits and escape routes are kept free from obstruction and that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Working effectively with the Marketing and Events Team and others to contribute to the team plan and culture of excellence and to ensure that the college offers an outstanding service to applicants, visitors, students, staff and others.
- Participating fully in appropriate professional development, meetings and planning to meet the needs of the team and the college.
- Attending staff meetings, briefings and team meetings and participating fully in discussions about work.
- Assuming responsibilities commensurate with developing skill levels.
- Deploying a range of new skills to become an excellent team member and a skilled, reliable individual.
- Any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.
The postholder will be based within the Marketing and Events team.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The postholder may be required to carry out other duties and responsibilities in keeping with the nature of the post.