Part Time Quality & Monitoring Officer
Do you have experience working within the Social Care sector?
Have you got previous Monitoring & Auditing Experience?
Are you looking for a role in and around Chelmsford and do not mind driving?
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Forest Homecare Mid & West Essex is a domiciliary care agency providing care and support to mostly older people living in their own homes in and around the Chelmsford area.
To monitor timely completion of all compliance and auditing tasks to support our quality monitoring programme. The role involves working closely with coordinators to ensure compliance and audits are completed within the required time frames. This supports the delivery of quality care, provides evidence of quality monitoring for inspection purposes and allows customers the opportunity, on a regular basis, to discuss the service they are receiving and raise any issues or concerns.
Working with the Forest Homecare coordinating team and Senior Care Assistants is essential and necessary to ensure high standards are maintained and any concerns identified are resolved satisfactorily.
This is a key and important role within Forest Homecare in ensuring that service users and their main carers are satisfied with the services they are receiving and that care staff are performing well and complying with required policies and procedures, particularly medication support provided.
- Visiting service users on a three month rotational basis to ensure care staff are completion medication records and communication records appropriately and conducting a customer satisfaction survey
- Ensuring completion of electronic filing of relevant paperwork/documentation
- Ensuring all target dates for compliance are met
- Maintaining a working sample evidencing good practice in relation to medication tasks and forms completed and samples also where an issue has been identified and dealt with satisfactorily
PERSON SPECIFICATION :
-A CAR DRIVER IS ESSENTIAL
-EXPERIENCE IN WORKING IN HEALTH OR SOCIAL CARE IS ESSENTIAL
-High competency in Outlook email, Word and related IT systems. -
Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear, accurate and evidenced based recording is essential as is the ability to write clear and concise reports
- Flexible and adaptable approach and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
This post demands a self-motivated, organised person, able to work autonomously and as part of a team. A person who has the ability to make judgements based on a sound knowledge of care principles and the company’s policies and procedures.
This role is part-time approximately 20 hours per week – to be negotiated around the needs of the service.