Team Member Cafe
Café Team Member
Hours of work: Part-time, up to 20 hours a week (requires flexible working with some weekend work), from Wednesday to Sunday.
Salary range: minimum wage to start with
Reporting to: Café Manager
We are looking for a confident approachable individual that will thrive to meet all our customers’ needs with a positive attitude at all times.
You need to be well presented, polite and determined to meet all criteria this job role requires.
This is an amazing opportunity to work as part of a large reputable company in a wonderful location.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers
- Making and serving hot drinks
- Preparing and serving foods such as sandwiches, salads etc
- To promote excellent standards of safety and hygiene – cleaning working area, tables and all surfaces
- Taking cash and card payments
- Managing social media – Facebook, Instagram etc
- Taking orders by phone or email
- To follow up setting up and closing down procedures
- To create and maintain a friendly, vibrant and supportive atmosphere in the café
- Attend regular team meetings as required
- Any other duty deemed relevant to the post and as requested by your manager
- High personal integrity, honesty, good timekeeping, inter‐personal skills, ability to work under pressure, whilst remaining patient and calm when dealing with customers and colleagues
What we require:
- At least 2 years experience working in a café. However, training will be provided.
- A level 2 food safety and hygiene is also required for this role. (With certificate to provide)
- Barista experience and/or qualification is a plus as well as Experience of making basic food items such as sandwiches, toasties
- A drivers license is required
- Good organizational and multi - tasking skills
- A flexible approach in terms of work, changes and participation
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Benefits for working here include:
- Beautiful sea views and a fun team to work with
- Full training
- Paid breaks and free lunch
We are looking for the right person to join our small team, if you feel this is the right role for you, please don’t hesitate to send your CV and a cover letter and if your application is going to be successful, an interview will be arranged at the café.